Saturday, November 14, 2009

Evidence Tales

It's Saturday morning, which, as of late, has meant that I am going to camp out on the downstairs sofa, surrounded by case books, supplements, Spark Charts, and whatever else I need to get my outlines completed. Well, this morning, Beckett came a stood right next to my computer, intently watching as I typed up my Evidence notes. His sweet little face conveyed but one notion, I have GOT to push one of those buttons. So, I became instantly nervous, certain that I could try all day and NEVER figure out how to delete an entire outline, and yet my 3 year old could probably accomplish this in the blink of an eye.

20 minutes later, Beckett returns. "Mama," he says, sweetly. "Could you get this and this and this and take them and do your work in my room while I play?" Well, how do I say no to that? So I grab my evidence book, my notes, and a legal pad and go sit on his bed while he plays. He wants to listen to Veggie Tales, so this is what about 20 minutes of my morning consisted of:

If you like to talk to tomatoes,
If a squash can make you smile

Rule 406: Habit Evidence
"Regular response to a repeated specific stimulus."
-Very narrow and specific

If you like to waltz with potatoes
Up and down the produce aisle.
Have we got a show for you!

Personal habits: Special kind of semi-reflexive or automatic behavior that occurs only in response to a specific stimulus.

It is at about this moment that I get kicked (quite hard) in the kidneys. Then Beckett jumps on my back screaming "Hut hut, Mama! I tackled you!" Evidence has officially been turned into a contact sport.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...