Tuesday, April 26, 2011

It's Sevens Ev'ry Roll

Let's say blogging is that proverbial wagon you fall off.
Let's also say that wagon is on the Oregon Trail.
Well, yesterday, I broke my arm. But no worries, I paid a fellow traveler $25 dollars to help me, took one day of rest, and awoke today, ready to hit the trail again. I am, however, a day behind, so I'll have to double time it to make it to Oregon before winter.

Day Four: A Habit I Wish I Didn't Have

-I correct people's grammar. All the time. It's a sick compulsion. I should really stop. But there are few things that assault my ears like the misuse of "me" and "I" (think: Brandi and I went to movies or Would you like to go to the movies with Brandi and me?). This extends to Facebook and texts (there, their, they're; your, you're and shorthand such as u, thx, ur welcome, plz, etc.)
**Also, Hillary and I are always sending each other examples of people making words up (What exactly is a "worldwind?"). I suppose, though, that is a habit I like because stupid people, while infuriating, are hilarious.

I feel certain there are plenty other habits I should get rid of, so feel free to leave me a constructive comment should the mood strike you.

Oh, wow, the reason I'm writing this blog: I procrastinate.
This is my general attitude toward deadlines: "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams

Day Five: 15 Songs That are the Soundtrack of Your Life

I have such a RANDOM taste in music. And I in no way profess to be one of those people who is cool enough to like random indy bands. My Pandora stations include Cabaret, Cher, Ray LaMontagne, and Miles Davis. Here is my paper-writing Grooveshark playlist:

(1)  Don't You Want to Stay -- Jason Aldean and Kelly Clarkson
(2) Wilkommen -- Cabaret
(3) Forget About the Boy -- Thoroughly Modern Millie
(4) Club Can't Even Handle Me Right Now -- Flo Rida
(5) Start Me Up/Livin' On a Prayer -- Glee Cast
(6) Valerie -- Amy Winehouse
(7) Poker Face -- Lea Michele and Idina Menzel
(8) Time Warp -- Rocky Horror Picture Show
(9) Sweet Transvestite -- RHPS
(10) I Can Make You a Man -- RHPS
(11) Hot Patootie -- RHPS
(12) 'Long As I'm Here With You -- Thoroughly Modern Millie
(13) Candles -- Hey Monday
(14) Jolene -- Ray LaMontagne
(15) Raise You Glass -- Pink

And one bonus:
(16) Rollin' in the Deep -- Adele

See? It's not great taste, but it's my taste. So get over it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...