Thursday, August 13, 2009

Shorty Got Lo, Lo, Lo, Lo, Lo, Lo, Lo (Mein)

And by "shorty," I mean Beckett. We went to King Buffet today (best Chinese EVER) and, generally, B doesn't care for Chinese. I mean, he'll eat Sweet & Sour Chicken and the french fries, but that's about it. Until today, that is. He finally likes something Chinese -- Lo Mein. Awesome.

Also, CONGRATS Melissa and Justin! They are having a BOY! Welcome to the boy club. Here's what you have to look forward to:

(1) Beckett and I were outside coloring with his sidewalk chalk. I drew a picture of him and then asked him if he could draw a picture of me. And he did a great job with the face. He even gave me about 4 feet of hair. However, when I asked him if he could draw me a neck or a body, he looked at me, paused for a second, and then said, "You have a penis, right?" And then he drew a penis. In sidewalk chalk.

(2) He looked at My Buddy one day and said, "My penis is bigger than yours." My Buddy responded, "I don't think so." And Beckett said, "No, it definitely is."

So, congrats again :0)

Law School: Year Two starts on Monday. Come December, I will be half way through! Whoo hoo!

Reading Update: This summer I WAY overestimated how much time I was going to have to read. So I started 976 books. And none of them are finished. Some are closer than others. Here's the list so far:

(1) Tender is the Night -- F. Scott Fitzgerald
(2) Will in the World -- Stephen Greenblatt
(3) Sons and Lovers -- D.H. Lawrence
(4) Everything That Rises Must Converge -- Flannery O'Connor
(5) A Good Man is Hard to Find -- Flannery O'Connor

On top of that, I just bought a few more books:

(1) Invisible Monsters -- Chuck Palahniuk (Fight Club) I started reading this years ago, but, alas, my copy was lost in the Great Moving Disaster of 2005, in which I lost my entire book collection. So, I bought it again and I am reading it again. LOVE IT. I highly recommend it.
(2) American Lion -- Jon Meacham -- This is about Andrew Jackson. I haven't started it yet, but I have heard that it's great!
(3) A Confederacy of Dunces -- John Kennedy Toole -- Michael and Dan both begged me to read this, so I'm going to start it as soon as I finish one of the others! Promise!

"A room without books is like a body without a soul." - Marcus Tullius Cicero

2 comments:

Silly Lady said...

Your kid is cute!!! I love you!

..::p::.. said...

i am literally cracking up right now. b is hilarious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...