Wednesday, June 3, 2009

June 3, 2009: Part One

One day, two blogs -- only because they are about vastly different things. This one is going to be about reading & exercise.

Reading: Right now I am reading Tender is the Night by F. Scott Fitzgerald. Here are some of my favorite quotes from it so far:

He gets the title from Ode to a Nightingale by John Keats:
" Already with thee! tender is the night...
...But here there is no light,
Save what from heaven is with the breezes blown
Through vendurous glooms and winding mossy ways."

"He seemed kind and charming -- his voice promised that he would take care of her, and that a little later he would open up whole new worlds for her, unroll an endless succession of magnificent possibilities."

"Maybe we'll have more fun this summer but this particular fun is over. I want it to die violently instead of fading out sentimentally -- that's why I gave this party."

"When you're older you'll know what people who love suffer. The agony. It's better to be cold and young than to love. It's happened to me before, but never like this -- so accidental -- just when everything was going well."

"Later she remembered all the hours of the afternoon as happy -- one of those uneventful times that seem at the moment only a link between past and future pleasure, but turn out to have been the pleasure itself."

"So many people are going to love you and it might be nice to meet your first love all intact, emotionally, too. That's an old-fashioned idea, isn't it?"

"Tell a secret over the radio, publish it in a tabloid, but never tell it to a man that drinks more than three or four a day."

Exercise: I have been so proud of myself this week. I can always justify not exercising, but I have been very good this week! I have walked with Beckett for at least an hour every day and I have also been riding my bicycle at night. More updates later!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...